Dry Eye Relief
Do you suffer from dry eye syndrome? Werner Optometry takes a compassionate, innovative approach to treatment.
Dry eye is a complicated condition that is uncomfortable and unhealthy. Dry, itchy, burning, or watery eyes can be symptoms of an underlying, and potentially serious, eye condition.
We work with you to not only determine the cause but also recommend treatments that bring you relief.
Schedule an appointment for a personal approach to resolving dry eye.
Why Werner Optometry?
Our optometrists offer a caring, personal approach to finding relief.
They will conduct a comprehensive eye exam, identify areas of concern, and create a personalized plan to help you find relief.
Our Doctors are committed to identifying new approaches to treating dry eye. They are actively involved in medical research and clinical trials to identify advanced treatments for dry eye. They work with noted specialists in the field of corneal disease and serve as educators on this topic.
Our Doctors combine compassion with innovation, providing patients with the latest thinking and the most advanced therapies for treating dry eye.
Treatments for dry eye include:
- OptiLight to reduce the inflammation associated with dry eye disease
- Lipiflow to treat meibomian gland disease, the leading cause of dry eye disease
- Homeopathic treatments
- Prescription therapy (ie Restasis and Xiidra)
- Eyelid disease (Blepharitis) treatments
- Anti-inflammatory therapy
- Punctal Plugs
- Amniotic membrane therapy to restore the patient’s own stem cell functions
- Systemic therapies to target the underlying cause of dry eye disease
- Scleral and gas permeable lenses for recalcitrant dry eye
Patients will get a thorough exam and a customized therapy plan that addresses underlying issues and preserves eye health.
What is dry eye?
Dry eye is a collection of symptoms that include gritty, burning, dry and uncomfortable eyes. The symptoms can be temporary, such as from environmental irritants, or long-lasting due to underlying conditions.
Dry eye can even be a warning sign of a serious medical condition, one that can impact your eye health and quality of life.
Because there are so many potential causes of dry eye, it is important to work with a qualified eye doctor to diagnose and properly treat the condition.
What causes dry eye?
Dry eye is a disruption to normal tear activity or the health of your cornea. Many things can cause this, from temporary irritants to long-term changes to the health of your eyes or glands. Some of the conditions include:
- Contact lens intolerance
- Computer vision syndrome
- Ocular surface disease
- Recurrent epithelial erosions
- Post-LASIK/PRK/cataract surgery dryness
- Post-corneal transplant pain
- Auto-immune diseases (Sjögren’s, Lupus, etc,)
- Inflammatory diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, mast cell activation syndrome)
While these conditions range from mild to significant, it’s important for patients to understand that over-the-counter relief may not be enough.
Stop your suffering from dry eye syndrome. Start your customized treatment plan for happy, healthy eyes.